Old October 1st 03, 03:16 AM
John Carney

"Richard Snow" wrote in message
I was at the St. Louis show this past April. I wandered over to the Gateway
arch and mentioned that day was the exact day of the Bicentennial to one of
the guards. He was clueless! There was no special ceremony or anything! It
was reported widely on the radio too.

By the way, the museum at the base has a great set of Indian Peace medals
and an animatron of Charles Barber.

Rick Snow

I saw that exhibition. It was seven years ago, before I got back into coin collecting. I'd
like another chance to see it, I'm sure I'd have a much different perspective now. My wife
and I took the claustrophobic ride up to the top of the arch and I was awed by the
engineering prowess that went into building that monument.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html