Old October 11th 17, 02:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default AMI E-120 mechanism stuck

On 2017/10/10 5:35 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:34:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Have good DDC voltage. When the mechanism is plugged into the junction box, the relay in the box chatters and the mech also makes noise, but doesn't move a bit. It is like it is stuck. Help! Many thanks,
Dave

I guess I should have mentioned that the mechanism is stuck in the record-play position.
Dave

Ah, this is usually a problem with the CAM switches. Try cleaning the
contacts and seeing if they are adjusted correctly. Also, take the hatch
cover off the gripper motor and see if the armature is jammed
(indicative of cam switch issue). If jammed, then turn it
counter-clockwise (might be clockwise, sorry, not certain) using a
wooden pick to avoid damaging the windings. It should have blown the
motor 1A fuse, if jammed and if not, then it is way over-fused and you
will possibly have damaged the rectifier.

If you are nervous about poking inside the motor (and you should be!)
loosen the motor mount bolts and slide it out slightly to free it up.
Now you can easily push the armature with your wooden stick and figure
out which way it needs to turn to pick up the record and return it to
the rack.

hope that is clear, I haven't had one of those mechs in the shop for
years so haven't made a video of the problem/cure.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com