Old May 30th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan[_2_]

Default From the scanner...

CE is possible Charles Evans, mentioned by Robson Lowe
as one of the engravers for this series. But RL also
specifically states that the 1d brown was engraved by
Charles Naish. Confusing!

Jay Carrigan see web site for email address
www.jaypex.com

In article
,
says...

Gibbons says the 1d of this set was engraved by C. Jackson and J.
Lang; the 5/- was engraved by Jackson and 'other employees of Sands &
MacDougall' - maybe the source of the 'L'. Jackson and Lang seem to
have worked on several of the fiscals. I can see a 'JL' in the
illustrations of the 1/- and 2/- in Gibbons.

Doesn't explain the 'CE' - perhaps he was (or they were) another of
the anonymous Sands & MacDougall staff.

As for Stampboards, why not join up yourself? I won't give away your
guilty secret ... if you make it worth my while.

Tony of the Antipodes

rodney wrote:
"Blair"
The CE would be the engravers initials. (Possibly C. E. Doepler ?)

Maybe we should ask Tony Antipodes to seek on Stampboards
also the 5 shilling stamp duty and "JL"
http://cjoint.com/data/fEabm5Ychj.htm

Read mo

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...xzz0Guu5XzJ7&B

Thanks, (great pic of the Post Office) although I like to do my travel by
stamps