Old October 11th 05, 01:06 PM
Gerhard Reichert

I just looked for the perforation of Your stamps.

Michel # 496, 497, 498 "Chicago-Fahrt", Overprints on Michel # 423, 424 and
455

This issue was made in so called "Kammzähnung", K 14 (14 Perforation holes
every 2 cm).
You can regocnize "Kammzähnung" very easy, because the margin perfs are all
the same.

Your item has different margin perfs, typically for "Linienzähnung", so it
is possible that they are reprints. A lot of them was sold the last months
at Ebay.

The same problem with Your "Polarfahrt" issue and the missperfed "1.
Südamerikafahrt" issue. Expertising is necessary in every case.

Now to the Picturepostcard with the 4 RM Zeppelin stamp. Postage for Cards
was 1 RM, as far as I know. Please post a better scan for details of the
stamp only and a scan of the rearside of the postcard. Please compare the
perforation of this stamp with the other items. Is it the same perforation?

Here You can have a look at a complete Zeppelin fake card, also with
"Linienzähnung", compare it with Your items:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Chicagofahrt-kplt...c mdZViewItem

and the same here, also fakes:

http://cgi.ebay.de/D-REICH-1-4-RM-Ze...cmd ZViewItem

And here the genuine one, expertised by Schlegel:

http://cgi.ebay.de/DR-496-Zeppelin-C...cmd ZViewItem

You can see the differet perforation clearly.

Best regards

Gerhard