Old May 28th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dale Hallmark

Default what else do you collect?

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
does anyone here ever set out to collect anything other than coins? i
know the answer is yes and maybe some of you can pitch in what other
areas you've dabbled in.

I have had several other hobbies at one time or another, but they all died
out and are in boxes long forgotten or sold off on eBay.

I have collected many things over the years but mostly useless knowledge.
If you can make money from knowledge that is prolly a fact I don't know, if
it is useless
and worthless, then there is a good chance I know something about it.

things I have collected in the past:
stamps and postcards
cameras
rocks and minerals
red books
paper match books, mint of course :-)
pens and pencils
guns
knives
Indian artifacts
fantasy figures in metal
a category I call odd stuff which is a catch all
tools
alley opp comic strips
comic books
I never collected baseball cards tho there are a few lying around here
somewhere
maps
cast toys, the old kind like cast iron
dubious memories :-)

I collect coins, have from the beginning and every few years I sell
everything and start
fresh in a new direction. I tend to lose money in coins but I have a good
time and never spend
a whole lot.

Dale
ya could sell my entire collection and maybe get one nice coin :-)
but what fun is that...