Old March 19th 04, 03:47 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On 19 Mar 2004 03:16:18 GMT, ustion (mark) wrote:

Reid did this last summer. He trolled for information on a couple of subjects,
turned around and wrote an article for Coin World, for which he was paid.
Article was sans mention of RCC, let alone credit to those who did the research
for him.

What an idiotic statement. And you are an absolute idiot for saying
it. The current discussion is about a new coin purchase of "DrZ." I
posted how and why I liked the coin, even though it's not a coin in
one of my collecting areas. I am NOT writing an article about his
coin!

And you continue to post absolute rubbish about my letting others do
research for me. It's just mindless junktalk, I know, and it must be
really fun for you to do it. Again -- you might save this for next
time you feel an urge to say something idiotic like this: For research
I read everything I can find about a subject, from published articles,
books, and Web sites. I interview experts over the phone and in
person. I talk to laypeople -- collectors. I often ask in online
discussion groups if anyone knows about a subject. For a typical
project the amount of information I get from these discussion groups
is relatively very small. And I have never "stolen" anybody's posts
here, not a single sentence ... and all the other rubbish that get's
thrown about here.

I quote people when I use their words and have permission to do so. I
credit people when they've provided original ideas or information.
When I read the same information here that I have read in a half dozen
other places, I don't credit the person who said it here. This, again,
would lead to a ridiculous sentence such as:

One good piece of advice is, "Buy the book before you buy the coin,"
as Joe Schmo said in rec.collecting.coins, as Jim Bob said in such and
such article, as Bo Peep said in such and such book, and as Mary
Poppins said at such and such Web site.

I've mentioned RCC as one online place to go for online numismatic
conversation in numerous things I've written.

--

Email:
(delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Protection Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos