Old June 1st 05, 11:49 PM
James Silverton

Tony wrote on Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:10:40 +0100:

?? tanner520 wrote on 1 Jun 2005 06:10:52 -0700:
??
t Just look at the historical track record of dollar coins
t and their popularity with the public,
t all Morgan/Peace/Eisenhower sized dollar coins were used
t and popular and all SBA/Sack sized dollar coins were
t ignored. Size does matter. The mass public likes big
t dollar coins.
??
?? That's a massive generalization and also untrue :-) I
?? remember the damned big silver dollars they used in the
?? West in the 60s and 70s and you can keep them! In fact, a
?? lot of people don't use coins any more than they must
?? these days. For myself, I only start my day with quarters
?? in my pocket since I need them for parking meters.
??
?? James Silverton.

TC If parking meters were modified to take only dollar coins
TC the dollar coins would soon be very popular (even if the
TC Parking authority was not!)

Not a bad idea at all since I usually find myself buying about
an hour's parking time (75 cents around here). However, the
opportunity to feed up the remaining time to an hour would be
lost. I'm sure the city would love the extra take!

James Silverton.