Old August 6th 13, 06:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Toke Nørby

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Toke Nørby wrote:

Ken Barr wrote:

Philatelic Numismatic Combinations (PNCs) had their heyday in the 1960's
and 1970's ... they've been pretty much moribund since then. 99 Company

....snip
http://coincollector.org/archives/003604.html

The Society of Philatelists and Numismatists (SPAN) was the collector
organization most closely devoted to PNCs, but it also seems to have
disappeared. I was a member back in the 1980's, mainly because they
were producing souvenir cards, but I haven't seen or heard anything of
them in at least ten years.

Thanks a lot for this background story - really interesting! I'll
certainly dig out some nuggets from that archive (and refer to this
posting of yours).

Now I have "finished" a little series of 5 parts on the pnc-subject. I
hope you will enjoy it (even it's in Danish - but let Google help you
with the translation :-)

http://norbyhus.dk/artiklermm/pnc/kap1.html

Again thank you all for your comments!
Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010: