Old September 27th 05, 12:15 AM

amesh wrote:
This Latvian stamp, depicting Leonardo's self-portrait, was issued 1932,
Michel # 211.
http://queries.heindorffhus.dk/leonardo-latvia1932.jpg

Michel does not list the imperf variety, so I wonder whether it might be a
fake? Can anyone out there confirm my suspicion? Thanks in advance.
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

No, perf-(sorry)-ectly kosher. SG says this set comes both perf
(226A-230A) & imperf (226B-230B), with the imperfs worth about 10% more
than the perfs.

But what has always mystified me is why some stamps, particularly from
the Eastern Bloc, were issued both ways? Did anyone really go into a PO
and say: "Give me a sheet of imperfs, please, I need to exercise my
scissors"?

Chris