Old December 24th 03, 04:24 PM
david

Default Need help identifying supposedly roman coin

Hi!

I found a coin in a drawer which my dad claims is roman, a claim I'd
like to verify. It's in pretty bad shape so you can't make out any
figures or anything but on one side you can clearly see the letters:
VOT
XXX
NVLT
X X

* I'm not sure about the middle X on the second line, it might just be "X X"

* On the coin the N on the third line is mirrored, like a child might
write it. The blank space between the N and V is also quite large so
there be something missing there.

The letters are surounded by a kind of a ring or wreath.

Is it possible to decude anything from this information, like when it
was made, who made it, and where? What do the letters stand for?

Regards,
David