Old September 15th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DOUCHE-boob's futile system[_2_]

Default Does Akai Mod Work For Static Problem?

I find it hard to believe, that an 82D has no crossbleed- the glass head in
those decks, was notorious for loss-bass region crossbleed between tracks

but perhaps you got a good one

most of the ferrite glass 8-track heads from Akai, had defective masking on
the head- which allowed bass from adjacent tracks, to bleed into the ones
currently playing

my 82D has that trait

"still_trackin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 7:03 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:00:15 -0400, "DOUCHE-boob's futile system"

wrote:

I performed a mod on my Roberts 808D and Akai 81D- this mod will make

the
program track switch work reliably every time. It's a proprietary mod

and
procedure I developed myself, after giving it much thought- so I can't

share
it at this time. I will upgrade any Akai deck for $20 plus shipping

both
ways, if you want this done. snip

Bull**** and another Charlie Nudo con job. The mod is readily
available on 8tradkheaven. Don't ask Nudo for any info about it at
all. He doesn't even understand how it works!

Looks like another job for my tech buddy to look into. I'll have him
check to see if the head shell is properly grounded and if the
capacitor in the signal path is failing. Hopefully he can determine
the problem.
I'm currently using my working GXR-82D with no problems and excellent
sound quality. No static and always changes tracks. Head alignment
must be accurate....can't hear any track bleeding.
Going thru my deck collection has been an eye opener. I've sorted out
the good performers from the ones that need some work/repair. Thanks
again for the tech tips!