Old March 19th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Franklin Mint offering a Morgan Dollar for $29.95...

"MKW" wrote in message
The Corvair was indeed way ahead of its time. Seems some group is
always after GM for something. In recent years they were blammed for
forcing people to buy gas guzzling trucks and SUVs...shame on them
lol People buy what they want..most people dont want a 2 seat car
that they have to plug in..and most people don't work in downtown DC
at a rights group office and live one block away.

I haven't noticed GM being singled out for their gas guzzler trucks and
SUV's. Last I heard, everyone from Toyota to the big howevermany US
automakers were making V8 trucks and SUV's. I have no idea what most people
want or don't want, except maybe for bland muted earth colors in their
vehicles. As one who grew up with chromy 2-tone paint monsters in the
1950's, I find today's car color choices to be very.....peaceful.

To really save fuel, parhaps we should concentrate more on putting hybrid
engines in those big gas guzzlers instead of in the little cars that likely
could get 30mpg anyway.

Around here, most people DO work in downtown DC, but it's difficult to find
much housing one block away. From what I see, lots of the "rights groups"
seem to be set up in the suburbs in strip malls.