Old January 18th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Nick Knight

Default FUN hits speed bump

In , on
01/18/2009
at 07:28 AM, stonej said:

"I really did expect to see weaker prices for coins," said Greg Rohan,
president of Heritage Auctions. "On a scale of 1 to 10, I expected a 6, was
afraid of a 4, but I'd say it was (at least a 7 ½ or even) a solid 8."

It is not surprising if the president of the company puts a positive spin
on things, saying things did not go
well is not the way to build confidence in people using your company to
sell coins.

That was my thinking when I read the original article.

From my personal perspective, for whatever it's worth, it seemed like every
dealer I approached at FUN was offering to discount the marked prices before
I even glanced at anything. I haven't had that kind of an almost-universal
experience before.

Nick