Old October 5th 07, 03:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

Default Some Info on The Beatles; 8-tracks & more

On Oct 5, 12:20 am, DeserTBoB
Frank:

Thanks for the update on these releases. This is good information!

dB-

You're welcome and my pleasure.Glad to help.

I did forget two more things.As far as the US goes,the only excpetion
in the Beatles US catalog was A Hard Day's Night.That album was
released om United Artists initially and was also issued on 8-Track
through United Artists.I happen to have at least two of these in
different variations.The frst variation had the album cover artwork on
the back and the song titles on the front when you insert the cart
into the player.The second variation has the album cover artwork on
the front and the songs on the back.Not only that,the UNited Artists
release had instrumental music from the film mixed with the songs that
the Beatles recorded for the film's soundtrack.

The only other Beatles related recording issued by United Artists was
the Ken Thorne composed instrumental film score from the movie HELP!
United Artists released this despite the fact that half of Capitol's
version of the HELP! album was the instrumental music from the
film.Today,the United Artists record of the instrumental music from
the film is a collector's item.

Another thing that I forgot was that the song Thank You Girl was later
reissued by Vee-Jay as a flipside but as such on the single of their
version of Do You Want To Know A Secret,which was released as single
in the USA only.The song was also a hit in the UK but via a version by
Billy J.Kramer & The Dakota's.The coincidental factor here was that
both versions reached #2 in their respective territories.

Capitol Records would later buy out United Artists Records,including
their entire catalog,including the US variation of A Hard Day's Night.

Again,you're welcome.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover