Old August 26th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_7_]

Default J.J. Rousseau, in french, guestimate?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...=1846&yrl=1846

"Teni" wrote in message
Hello!

I'm sure this book isn't worth much of anything from the collector's
perspective, but I'm also certain that its not just another 5 dollar
used book.

Its Jean Jacques Rousseau's Les Confessions (in french, not
translated)
Its a hard cover, with visible signs of wear, but no tears, rips,
etc.
It was published in 1846 in Paris. I believe that Barbier is the
publisher, although he is labeled as editeur.
It is illustrated with many vignettes (at least one every 10 pages or
so) through out the book "edition illustree" (all of the drawings have
been protected with tissue paper, so none are damaged, etc)

Really, I'm curious to know 1 how special it is or isnt, and 2 how
much I did (or hopefully, didnt) over pay for it.

Any input would be great!!

Thanks,
LeeAnna