Old May 26th 04, 08:58 AM
wereoboy

"TC8trax" wrote in message
I've noticed that the state of analog tape has left cassettes as the
most lowly of the genre. Ten-years-ago, you'd find 8-tracks for a dime
apiece at the SAL or Goodwill and garage sales. Now you'll find
cassette tapes by the box and bucketfull everywhere and they can't give
them away. They are completely without value to anyone.

8-Tracks have taken on a special cache, while the lowly cassette is
destined to be a rejected and unloved format forever. Generally,
cassettes have always sucked, and will continue to suck, long after the
decline of civilization. Although there is a newsgroup:
alt.collecting.cassettes where they not so much praise teh format, but
seem to be trying to sell off what they have (without much success).

I think it is doubtful that ANYONE will ever choose to collect and
treasure cassettes the way WE collect and preserve the grandest of all
analog tape formats, the 8-Track tape!

But of course that all goes without saying, so nevermind...

TC8trax
Tom

Anything you say sucks, and will continue to suck...

Scott
King of Usenet