Old October 24th 04, 02:45 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

So there you have it, Art and beauty, history, challenge, exploration
and discovery, rarity,
acceptance by peers, nostalgia and not mentioned is the potential
monetary rewards.
Dale

I think that just about sums it up for virtually all coin collectors, Dale.

In addition, there is something about the objects themselves that call out
to us. A siren's song that cannot be denied. IMO, that is why many (if not
most) new collectors begin with a "shotgun" approach and initially amass
just about everything they see and can afford (and some they can't afford).
It is only after the fire begins to burn down that the collector regains
some of his reason and begins to specialize. But the fire seldom goes
completely out. Even the most seasoned collector will occassionally succumb
to the lure of the unknown, spontaneity will raise it's pretty head and,
having spotted that "something" will aquire it.......just because. "I don't
know what it is, but it just called out to me and I had to have it. Now I
have something else that I just can't wait to research and learn about".
What a hobby!

--
©¿©¬
~