Old April 5th 14, 03:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Another bookfair bites the dust?

Fie on progress!

I very much regret the demise of the "real" bookstore, as a collector for whom condition matters--not to mention the pleasure of browsing. I recently sent the same book back to Amazon twice, being unwilling to accept a new paperback at a cost of $15 with the bottom of the spine bashed in. (They shipped it to me in a padded envelope, and you know what the Post Awful is...) I ordered a mystery novel from England from the Book Depository, and then from Amazon, both times getting a second printing, which would not happen to me in a brick-and-mortar bookstore.