Old August 3rd 03, 03:46 PM
Toke Nørby

"Douglas MYALL" wrote:

If ever there was a posting which deserved an alteration to its subject
line it is this one. It is an agreed courtesy in this NG to include SNA
in a posting on that subject. Or is it considered that humour begins, and
ends, with SNA topics?

Even it is of very little importance/interest I have fully agreed that
there should (have) be(en) a subject change when Blair and I began
commenting the "SNA-humour" - which caused Victor to rush into print
(that phrase is much more colorful in Danish: "fare i blækhuset" :-)

Strange enough Victor also included brand new subjects:

You have the right to think anything you wish on them, but I can only
hope that you will have the honesty of *recusing* yourself as a FIP juror
when I'll present the SNA site (if and when it will be again possibly) to the
next FIP websites' contest.

Oh my! (I really had to hold back start teasing you, Victor, but I'll
be serious). No one can at the moment say anything about the coming
evaluations and the judges involved. Whomever will be judges on coming
web site evaluations - all will simply use the evaluation scheme which
can be found he

http://www.norbyhus.dk/fipliterature/ and click on "Evaluation
Scheme". Time will show if it will be modified.

Judges simply don't care what the exhibitor has asked to be evaluated
and the judges can like/dislike the person but that will have no
influence on the evaluation. The judges will simply evaluate the sites
in the way the FIP board has agreed they should be evaluated. No more
- no less.

After the group has refused your proposal referring to the subject lines
of postings, you have tried a first diversion by attacking without obvious
reasons SNA's humor. It was obviously a detour for nothing, because this
subject was largely discussed on this NG, and a solution that is
acceptable for most people here was found already a long time ago.

I wonder if I should stay in my little hole a bit longer! and write on
my blackboard "SNA is humour - SNA is humour" a hundred times and
write "Hehehehehehe" as my only comment to future SNA-postings).

...snip
Even there is no reason to ask me to defend your rights to upload what
you like I can't do that when you violate copy rights - which you did
when you included the two FIP logos in your "Fenny-Award-2003" to the
FIP literature commission. These logos are the property of FIP. Even
you didn't knew that you don't have rights to use them.

Still no reason to ask me to defend your rights to upload what you
like if you don't keep the secrecy of mail - which you in my opinion
don't when you upload private mails without asking the senders for
permission. Nowhere on your FIP-related pages with e-mails I can see
that you have asked people involved for permission to upload their
e-mails. So if people asks you to remove their mails, you should do
it. (You talk about net etiquette)

The good question is: have your digressions something to do with your
(refused) demand of changing the subject line accordingly to your
wishes, by neglecting the Netiquette? IMO, there could be a relationship,
eventually explained by a personal frustration.

Victor - this is humour!: asking questions and answer them in the same
line! You don't need my comment here! You have already hit the nail!
"Personal frustration"! Very good, Victor!

Finally, if your intention is to bring unnecessary troubles into this
generally peaceful and polite NG, then this is your choice, and your
personal responsibility too.

Again - ask a question and answer it on the same line. ("If you steal
my car you will be put behind bars"). You neither need my comment
here.

Back to my little hole.
--
Mvh Toke