Old August 2nd 03, 01:52 AM
Bob Ingraham

From: J. A. Mc.
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:46:25 -0700
Subject: Don't change the subject line, please!

One of the reasons I go to shows, etc. is for the chance to chat and
be 'personal'. Just concentrating on the physical stamp can get dull.

Agreed. If *my* stamps are the subject, discussions of perfs, watermarks,
shades, etc. are incredibly interesting. If it's *your* stamp, well, my eyes
start rolling pretty quickly!

I appreciate the little side turns that some of the posts take - so
it's the 'flip side' for me, so to speak.

Agreed! I feel that I've come to know the most frequent posters to this
newsgroup not as a result of their philatelic knowledge, but from their
frequent asides. In the stamps shops I visit fairly regularly, the
conversation is only partially about stamps and postal history. More often
it's about the weather, movies, holidays, politics, disasters, etc. -- the
stuff that every day is largely made up of. Stamps are, after all, the
frosting on the cake of life! :^) (Some cake. There are large dollops of
really yucky stuff in the recipe!)

When the temperature is 116* (45+), any little breeze is welcome! G

I have two questions: Where do you live? Are you nuts!? :^)

Bob

Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback!