Old August 17th 04, 02:17 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:06:42 -0400, "Bruce Remick" is alleged
to have written:

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:49:14 -0500, Byron L. Reed
is alleged to have written:

On 16 Aug 2004 16:43:47 -0700, (Phil Barnhart)
wrote:

Can you imagine the response?

Sure, from the dealers.

BLReed

To e-mail me, remove the obvious spam trap.
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices:
http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things and Bust Coin Forum: http://www.byronreed.com

Dealers ought to have a positive reaction. Surely, they're holding

inventory in
that price range they'd like to move. This is NOT going to be a high

dollar
auction anyway, why not cut the buyer & seller fees way down? Anybody who

does
this will be doing it as charity, even with 20% buyer/seller fee they

wouldn't
make much money.

heck, set 'em both at $1.00. It not like we need a fancy catalog for this.

Bruce

I could see a budget auction ( and the budget section) at an ANA Convention
as an investment for dealers who would reap the benefits later when some low
budget collectors "mature" and return to spend bigger bucks at their tables
and in the Big Boys auctions. Otherwise, I imagine many modest budget
collectors feel ignored when the major shows and auctions seem to cater
mostly to the advanced collectors with lofty goals and lots of money to
spend.

Bruce

Yup. We're discussing changing that. I'd LOVE to see an auction like my local
coin club had when i was a kid. I could buy lots of stuff there. i think we'd
see more kids at the shows if we did things like that.

Bruce