Old April 1st 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Halves still (randomly) getting confused as dollar coins

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" wrote:

Last time I bought a cup of coffee it probably was 10¢ or 15¢ at a diner.
Luckily for me, I've become satisfied over the years with a dash of
instant coffee in a cup of hot water in the morning at home.

The last time I bought a cup of coffee was this morning and I'm not
sure I've had a cup of instant coffee in the last 15 years. Different
people, different perspectives.

I used to work with a couple types who insisted that the world and
everything else stand still until they had a good cup of morning coffee.

About when did they start charging more than a quarter for a small
cup of coffee in a machine?

I don't know, and it doesn't seem to be the sort of question answered
easily on line. The best I can do is tell you that in 1973, a cup of
coffee cost 20 cents at my local Burger King. So you probably wouldn't
have needed the second quarter until a while later. But if you only
had a half-dollar piece, you were still stuck.

Sounds like that wasn't much of a problem since few people likely found
themselves with only a half dollar and no quarters.