Old February 2nd 05, 09:00 PM
linxlvr

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:41:39 -0800, Russell wrote:

Alot of the new issues have the same coin, same mint mark, but one unc
and one proof. Do you guys think both are need for a collection, or
just one example?

Just wondering what the group thinks.

Russ

I use to say I would only collect the UNC coins in modern issues, but now
I ended up collecting PRF's also. I plan on doing a modern commem set
myself, and I plan on it just being all the proof dollars. Like every
one else said to each their own. But if you wanted a complete commem
set, then you need to consider the UNC's also, especially w/ commems,
because a few times the UNC's are actually more valuable than the proof's.

-- DW