Old June 4th 08, 04:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Ink Reviews: MB Bordeaux, MB Violet, MB Racing Green, Diamine Orange, and Baystate Blue

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 May 2008 23:26:35 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

MB Racing Green - discussed in previous posts, this is nearly unbearably
ugly. However, it writes well and would be a suitable ink to buy again if
one likes the color which I don't. In fact, I'd pour it down the drain if
didn't like the way it writes as much as I do.

This is the ****tiest ink I've ever seen. For this kind of green,
Noodler's Army Green is the way to go. It's not pretty, but it looks
a hell of a lot better than Racing Green and I've never thought of
pouring it down the drain.

Racing Green is one of the favorite inks on FPN. You can't pay
attention to what many people say on FPN--that many FPN'ers like a
butthole ugly ink like Racing Green testifies to that. It's the only
ink I know of that's as ugly as FPN Galileo.

Many FPN'ers seem to like ink based on the name of the ink, and
"Racing Green" is a good name. Good name; ****ty ink.

IMO, the ink's good, only ugly.

Diamine Orange - This is a bold, bright, attention-getting orange that
matches the rinds of tangerines or mandarin oranges. It's a clear orange,
not at all muted or muddy. Almost overwhelming in intensity in a broad
line,
it becomes lively and very attractive in a Japanese fine line. Although
it's
not quite the shade I want, it's completely acceptable and I've already
used
it for a letter. I might experiment by adding a bit of the Conway Stewart
Orange to it to see if I can get the orange rind color I want, or I might
leave it and use it as is.

You might want to do a little experimenting with that R&K yellow. I
don't know. Mixing oranges doesn't work as well for me as other
colors.

I like what I got when I mixed it with the Conway Stewart. However, I wrote
about adding a bit of the CS to the Diamine, but what I actually did was add
a bit of the Diamine to the CS. I s'pose I should try what I said I'd do,
but I already like what I got.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.