Old November 13th 11, 12:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Default Identifying "EA" overprints Algeria 1962

Droger Jean-Paul a écrit :
Après mûre réflexion, Droger Jean-Paul a écrit :
Il se trouve que mpstamps a formulé :
Hi,

thanks for answer.

I have seen that there is an "official" EA-overprint, which is also
listed in the catalogues. But there are many cities/regions which
issues their own local EA handstamp overprints. I would like to
identify them. I have about 40 overprinted stamps and all I know is
that they do not belong to the official but to the local issue.

Best wishes

Manuel

Yes you are right, but it don't exist a catalogue that you can find easily
now!!

I remember it existed (perhaps still exis a french philatic association
that studied these over ptinted stamps!!

I'll ask on French writing forum and will again if I get an answer for
you!!

Best wishes

I have only found yjid on Amazone:

http://www.amazon.fr/Surcharges-prov...1184573&sr=1-3

But they don't have the book to sell now!!

Are you perhaps member from APS? If yes look if this book is in her library!!

I continue to search!!

I have found some information about French stamp association that
ALGERIE as topic! You'll find name and adresse he

http://www.ffap.net/Regions/Assoc.ph...&PHPSESSID=705
the mail of Jacques SAUTER is : , but I don't
know if he reads or writes English!!

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama