Old September 3rd 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default scanning watermarks

On 9/3/2011 8:01 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
found these unused words:

On 9/2/2011 9:08 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Depends upon the 'level' of the catalogue. Simple basic Scutt type won't as
they don't even cover all the isses properly.

I've never heard of the Scutt catalog that you often refer to.

It's the overpriced, multiple volume US published 'catalogue' that omits
many acutal issues or only partly covers many others.

Such information, as to perfs [for example] are often lumped together and
the user is left to try and figure out if each value of a set comes with
one, some or all.

Pricing is so far removed from actual retail or auction that it's like the
LIST price on the TV infomercials, where it's "a $77 'value', but wait, just
pay additional prcessig and we'll send you TWO for just $19.95 !!!"

You can trash that catalog if you like but at least spell the name
correctly!

If you're willing to do that, I'll go back to calling it a "catalogue."

Bill