Old December 8th 11, 02:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Default United Nations 38

On 12/6/2011 8:05 PM, Jeffry Johnson wrote:
On Dec 6, 6:33 pm, Jeffry wrote:
On Dec 6, 4:42 pm, Sir wrote:

I have uploaded an image to my server. One of these should be the first
printing, the other one should be the second printing.

http://www.hystrix.be/Images/un-38.jpg

Both look like the second printing.

From the description below and the stampstore images, I agree.

Sorry, looks like those URL's don't work.

They seem to be time-stamped.

Go to http://stamps.org/StampStore and search United Nations 38 and they
appear on the first page.

Here the description from the 1972 Lindner catalog.

"The word "Unies" on the open book of the 8c stamp is the best
distinguishing factor for the two printings: In the first printing
there is a blank space between the letters "n" and "i" and also "i"
and "e", furthermore a white space below the left leg of the already
mentioned "n". In the second printing those blank spaces have been
eliminated by filling the spaces. Also many light lines added to
strengthen book pages on 3c."