Old December 3rd 05, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.religion.christian.baptist,alt.bible,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default From the Provasek (prosovek prozacset - whatever) school of marketing.

JohnL wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:24:54 -0500, "L. Michael Roberts"
wrote:

flame group trimmed

JohnL wrote:

On 1 Dec 2005 16:56:44 -0800, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

snip

By the way, the Southern Baptist Convention, which you so readily beat
up at the drop of a hat, has a goal this year of spending $150 million
on world aid (food, medicine, clothing, etc)

How much will they be spending on political activities like "voter
guides", contributions to right-win lawyers to oppose and/or roll-back
civil rights, satellite time for closed circuit "services" featuring
political figures, etc.??

such as they did with
hurricane Katrina

Are we talking about the same Southern Baptists who turned away
truckload of desperately needed bottled spring water from post-Katrina
New Orleans because that were donated by Anheuser-Busch?

snip

They'll probably spend a lot less, if anything, on voter guides and
other things you mentioned than you want to mislead everyone to
believe they'll spend.

They have certainly spent lots of money on political activities in the
past. Perhaps hurricane Katrina has led them to re-focus on helping the
needy rather then attempting to curtail people's civil rights. We shall
see when the next US election cycle comes around.

And I hadn't heard anything about the water
issue, so I did a little research on the subject. There's always two
sides to every argument such as this, your side and the right side:

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=22001

Wonderfully evasive article. They dance around the issue with multiple
repetitions that they had other water to distribute and they never
really state categorically if they did, or did not, hand out the A-B
water... There is indirect evidence in the following quote that they did
not:
"The Anheuser-Busch logo on the cans of water “was huge” and bothersome
to some of the Clewiston church volunteers, Bridges said. “I didn't want
to send out a mixed message. "All that was said was that First Baptist
Church [Clewiston] people would not be the ones handing it out,” he
explained. “We didn't refuse the water. Others were giving it out.
The article is evasive, hypocritical and designed to save SBC face. IT
also appears on a Baptist web site so we know they have an agenda and
are not a reliable mainstream news source.

No religious organization is perfect, and every one is made up of a
lot of individuals. There's always some that don't do what is right,
but as a whole, groups like the SBC do a lot more good than the bad
that evil people would like to make them out to have done.

So, you mentioned a couple little irks that you don't like about the
SBC, trying to make them look bad. What have YOU done for mankind
lately? Tell us all the great deeds you've done since

Matt. 6:3-4

snip

--
This represents my personal opinion and NOT Company policy