Old November 30th 03, 06:55 AM
Bob Ingraham

Rodney11/29/2003 10:31

Hi Bob,
Would they not be cut in the gutter strips, both
horiz and vert?
This would result in a nil variance and the stamps described
a result of being cut by scissors.
I found some French "Sowers" like this, with very large margins
you wouldn't think had come from hand cutting.

I remain open to correction. I feel if your postulation be correct,
Unitrade would have listed them.

Rgds

I can't correct you, Rodney, because I don't know with certainty myself! But
I am not aware of any Canadian stamps of the period in question that were
printed with gutters. U.S. stamps of the same period, according to the Scott
U.S. Specialized Catalogue, were printed in sheets of 400, without gutters,
and cut just as I described. The cutting of the sheets into panes certainly
would not have been by scissors, if that's what you are are suggesting.

Bob