Old July 2nd 03, 06:32 AM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:06:43 GMT, Bob Ingraham
wrote:

Can anyone please tell me what the 1940 rate would be for an airmail letter,
weighing 3.5 grams, mailed from Germany to Argentina? A cover I have is
franked with one 25m commemorative stamp (Scott #497) and two Hindenburg
definitives of 100m and 50m.

Bob - do you mean 100 pf and 50 pf? Hindenburg, afaik, was not on a
"Mark" stamp.

(Since the definitives are on cover, I can't be sure whether they are the
1933 issue or the 1933-36 issue, which was watermarked with a swastika. Not
that this has anything to do with my question, although it would be
interesting to know. The cover was mailed by a Jew from Krefeld in 1940.)

Interesting, at that point in history...

Tracy Barber