Old May 1st 07, 01:29 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay,rec.collecting
[email protected]

Default Overlooked junk at garage sales may have resale potential.

rjn wrote:
incoherently inscribed:

'Decorative collectibles' ...

kipple

... make up the largest Ebay category of
collectibles found at garage-sales, yard-sales, estate sales, etc.

eBay is a great place to buy this crap, but very little
of it is even worth the effort to list.

* Lenox e.g., figurines, ornaments, ...

We have Lenox and Tiffany fine china we'd be willing
to sell on eBay, but the market for it appears to be
collapsing. The generations that preferred class to
convenience are all shuffling off to assisted living.

A rough survey of Ebay auctions regarding what percentages of Lenox
and Tiffany Fine China actually sell (auctions receiving at least one-
bid):

* Around seventeen percent of all Lenox items received at least one-
bid.

* Around one-third of Tiffany Fine China peices received at least one-
bid.

Again, these are rough figures. How have specific Lenox, and Tiffany
Fine China sold on Ebay? I always check to see how the specific
item(s) I want to sell are selling (or not selling).

* Bradford Exchange "yes, the collector plates."

First rule of collecting:
Never collect anything sold as "collectible".

Philip K. Dick is dead.
Kipple died with him.

--
Regards, Bob Niland