Old January 24th 11, 01:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Sage and Hungary

On Jan 23, 11:30*am, Stan wrote:
On Jan 23, 8:45*am, "rod allan" wrote:

All praise to Nigel c from UK

I've seen this one before on a GB stamp. It's a mark of the Magyar Kir.
Adria Company, a Hungarian steamship company in the Adriatic.

Here's a picture of the cancellation. The text is Hazanak Hazanal.

This is taken from a web page on Hungarian ship mail:
http://www.terra.es/personal/fsegues/mariEn.htm

Rod--thanks. *Lots like my correspondent was fully right in thinking
it was a cancel.

* * Stan

Adria Royal Hungarian Sea Nav. Co. Ltd. - Budapest/Fiume - 1881-1920

If you are interested in their ships (with some pictures) I found a
Hungarian
site that has some English pages.

http://www.hajoregiszter.hu/index.ph...en&v=1&htl=121
http://www.hajoregiszter.hu/index.ph...121&v=1&full=1