Old February 9th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default Check Out this "Solid Mint State, prooflike" Gold Coin

"Bob" wrote in message
I am used to overgrading and misattribution in eBay auctions (who
isn't?), but this is the most egregious I have seen in quite a while.
Here is a mutilated coin, which somehow remains in "solid Mint State
and prooflike" condition! (Sorry about the wrap--this is eBay Item
number 330306681148 if you have difficulty seeing it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1762-British-Gol...em330306681148

Aaaaagh!

Bob Leonard

This is the best example I have ever seen of overgrading of a UK coin on
ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250047058240

Not a proof, not mirror fields but a cleaned and battered circulation strike
that is worth only the metal content, I hope that the seller does not drive
with eyesight this bad. Billy