Old February 9th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

Default Check Out this "Solid Mint State, prooflike" Gold Coin

"Bob" wrote in message
I am used to overgrading and misattribution in eBay auctions (who
isn't?), but this is the most egregious I have seen in quite a while.
Here is a mutilated coin, which somehow remains in "solid Mint State
and prooflike" condition! (Sorry about the wrap--this is eBay Item
number 330306681148 if you have difficulty seeing it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1762-British-Gol...mdZViewItemQQp
tZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330306681148

Aaaaagh!

Bob Leonard

MS details? A "bend and a scratch but pefectly normal".Funny. I've seen
worse descriptions though. Look at what some of the suckers pay for USGS
slabbed coins.Even thought the pictures show some of the
worst,cleaned,scatched beat up and worn coins they still call them MS 65's
or better. Oh,but they are "key" dates.