Old September 3rd 10, 08:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default Rowe/Ami cd Eagle wall unit -can't initialize 00 disk

On Sep 2, 6:10*am, Joseph wrote:
I just got a Rowe/Ami CD Eagle wall unit -can't initialize 00 disk. *I
can enter the Service ModeInitialize Disk, and type 00 for the disk
(and then hit the preferred button), and the amount of tracks(and then
hit the preferred button again.
I go out of the service mode and try to select disk 00 and the machine
doesn't allow me to enter the second 0 for *00 for the disk selection.
I can do 100 disk and all other disk selections seem to work.
Is there a way of entering 00 disk for your selection?
Thanks in advance-Joseph

--
Joseph

Sounds like a program bug to me. Really weird.
What version ROM do you have ? (you can find this info in the "Status"
menu).
Latest I am aware of is version 4.3

It could be just a dodgy/intermittent "0" button of course. To
confirm, try shorting the terminals of the button out
from behind using a coin or similar and see if it works.

The good news is that If you replace disc 00, you don't have to
actually "initialise" it from the initialize menu.
Simply put the new disc in and select and PLAY the first track from
it
ie. Select 0001 (you can cancel it as soon as it starts playing the
song if you want, it doesn't have to play right through).

Initialisation is done automatically by the machine every time THAT
disc is played. This works with any disc position.