Old February 21st 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Collecting experience

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 2/20/2010 12:45 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:

I just couldn't resistg. You have this harsh opinion of Usenet, yet
you
chose it to introduce your autobiography and views on life?g

You couch this as a joke, but you said the same thing, not jokingly, as
the first response to my post, which you also felt the need to point out
you didn't read. This is the kind of behavior so common to Usenet that
puts a damper over everything. You say I'm so into myself because I post a
long message, described clearly as a long message, detailing my
experiences buying and selling coins over the past decade. It wasn't an
autobiography, not even close. Yet you feel compelled to respond to it
saying you didn't read it and otherwise being picayune and snide. Nowhere
else but Usenet, nearly nowhere else, would somebody like you feel
compelled to comment on things they don't read!

No joke intended. The g is meant strictly in parody of your prolific use
of it in your posts.

Seeing who the author is was enough. You're not interested in getting
people to talk about coins. You're interested in having people listen to
YOU talk about coins.

Seldom have you ever initiated a thread here where your second post doesn't
contain some kind of insult, complaint, analysis of others' perceived
shortcomings, etc. Ever wonder why your posts seem to breed this kind of
reaction?

So sorry if I've put a damper over everything on Usenet. Anything you post
here is fair game for my comment, whether I choose to read it or not.
(Actually I DID start to scan through it to see if there would be anything
new or of interest. I passed a dozen paragraphs and the tracking bar still
showed about 80% of a page left so I gave up and sped to the end. If you
were trying attract a newbie to respond, so far it looks like your overkill
worked against you. Otherwise, any regulars who actually read your posts
probably already know all they care to about your activities and interests.