Old March 3rd 04, 02:56 PM
Eric Babula

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
:

On 03 Mar 2004 14:14:19 GMT, Eric Babula is
alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
m:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:44:47 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:01:57 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Is this coin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...egory=39463&it
em =3900190441

Alan
'168 x and rising'

I know that some clad quarters are REALLY difficult to find
nice. nobody saved them, few rolls were put back, most all of
the nice specimens come from mint sets.

Maybe the 83-D is one of the ones where even the mint sets
looked ugly. I got a couple of mint sets like that, where the
quarter and the dime are just plain crappy.

Bruce

I think the biggest thing working for this slab is that no Mint
Sets were issued that year. ;-) I'm just a little surprised that
20 years on, it's been decided that an MS-65 is worth more than
168x face....

Alan
'617,806,446'

If there were no mint sets that year, that coin might well be a
bargain. Try to find one nicer!

Bruce

pcgs.com is listing that coin at $10.00. The auction currently
sits at $56.83! Maybe it's a bargain - maybe not.

there are a number of coins priced at PCGS.COM that I consider
woefully underpriced. The market thinks so, too.

Does this coin deserve to be one of the underpriced? Dunno. Only
way to tell is to try to find a nicer one.

Bruce

I agree that there are quite a few coins that are sleepers. I just wish
I had a crystal ball, and could come up with that definite list, and
start buying now!

I hope, for the bidders' sake, that this is one of those cases!
Otherwise, ouch!

You stay away from my sleeper Morgans! ;-)

--
Smile!!

Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA