Old March 3rd 04, 02:04 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:44:47 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:01:57 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Is this coin:

Alan
'168 x and rising'

I know that some clad quarters are REALLY difficult to find nice. nobody saved
them, few rolls were put back, most all of the nice specimens come from mint
sets.

Maybe the 83-D is one of the ones where even the mint sets looked ugly. I got a
couple of mint sets like that, where the quarter and the dime are just plain
crappy.

Bruce

I think the biggest thing working for this slab is that no Mint Sets
were issued that year. ;-) I'm just a little surprised that 20 years on,
it's been decided that an MS-65 is worth more than 168x face....

Alan
'617,806,446'

If there were no mint sets that year, that coin might well be a bargain. Try to
find one nicer!

Bruce