Old June 5th 06, 06:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Comparison Matrix: Rock-ola Bubbler vs Wurlitzer 1015. The winner is ...

Keith, I am curious about the comment you make about "CD compatibility"
in comparing the Wurlitzer and Rock-Ola. Considering that BOTH
companies use the same player, I don't know what difference there is in
playing CDs. Or do Rocks play MP3s? Certainly Wurlitzers play
'home-made' CDs just fine, if they have the CDM-12 or later player. In
fact I've seen CDM-3s that will play home made discs...

John :-#)#

On 2006-06-04 03:25:33 -0700, "Keith Stelter" said:

Do a google search and you will find several past threads about it from
this newsgroup.
Basically you have 2 camps, with half the people (including me) lining
up on the Wurlitzer side, and the other half lining up on the Rock-Ola
side.
Having read your recent posts, I think that you would like the Rock-Ola
more because the Wurlitzer fans are more into the authenticity of the
juke versus the Rock-Ola fans, who seem to be more into the technical
aspects (watts per channel, CD compatibility, etc) of the jukes.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Rock-ola according to http://www.homegameroom.com/Rock-Ola.htm

I've been like a sponge as a juke box newbie reading all I could on
Wurlitzer 1015 CD repro's from Rock-ola, Wurlizter and Rowe looking for
my first juke. I've read every posting I could find on this foreum on
this subject and spent hours on the internet, but the above link is the
FIRST real spec for spec comparison I could find on the Rock-ola vs
Wurlitzer with Rock-ola the hands down winner.

Is this the general consensus of the group that Rock-ola is the best of
the 1015 bubbler jukes?

Does anyone know if there is a Rock-ola Bubbler vs the Rowe Home
Nostalgia comparison chart?

Really appreciate any direction on recommendations on these three as in
the San Francisco Bay area I have not yet found any dealers that I can
actually go see and hear any of juke boxes, and spending $6000 without
seeing or hearing one is kinda tough for me. If anyone can recommend
someone with a showroom or warehouse in Northern California, or would
let me listen to there's, it is much appreciated. In turn, I have 8
pinballs (Medival Madness, Twilight Zhone, Star Trek Next Generation,
Whirlwind, Tales of Arbaian Nights, Cirquis Voltaire, Strange Science,
Monster Bash) you are more than welcome to play!

Thanks in advance for your insight on Rock-ola, Wurlizter and Rowe
bubblers on my first jukebox.

\r

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they
just flip out."