Old June 4th 05, 10:40 PM
Fred Shecter

http://www.geocities.com/fredeshecter/flipswitch.doc

Link above has instructions for many of the most common vending machine
change mechanisms. As you can see, virtually ALL will accept any
denomination of paper currency IF the switches are set correctly or if they
are programmed properly.

Any junior high school student could do it.

You won't "lose" your $20 bill. People do not lose them when using USPS
vending machines.

You should be MUCH more worried about using a wireless payment device (like
a cell phone or Mobil pay-pass) or using a credit or debit card.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
"htimS boB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Balaji Murthy" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
I don't know why the machines would give dollar coins in change. You

only
put in what you need to purchase the item. Oh! You mean someone might

put
in a $5 bill and then expect change in dollar coins. No, I don't think

the
machines are set up that way.

The machines I use accept bills up to $20 denomination. And dispense the
dollar coins in change.

I think it is up to the individual vending company what machines take.
The
company my stepdad works for is pretty jerky. They probably have the
cheaper machines that don't take bills larger than $1 and they do NOT give
dollar coins in change. I live in Florida. I have never had cause to
deposit more than $1 in a vending machine. If I don't have a dollar bill,
just don't get to eat. I would not want to risk losing $19 by depositing
$20. YMMV

boB