Old August 16th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

Default please spin your prayer wheels and sacrifice a version for me

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:57:14 GMT, e wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz wrote:
Yuppers. Looks like I was right, that noise was a conn rod. Short
block should wipe my silver budget for a month or three, damn.

no joy doin a tear down?

If you find joy in finding a piston not where it belongs with part of a
rod, and the rest of the rod on a crank, then I'd guess it's joyful.
The bore is gouged pretty bad, maybe it can be sleeved. Not sure if a
16HP Kohler is up for that sort of thing. I may take this time to
upgrade to as big of an engine as the hydro will handle. Guys use this
tractor (JD 140/300 chassis) for garden tractor pulls around here, so
I'm guessing the drivetrain is up to the extra horsepower. No idea on
root cause yet, oil is new.

On a coin-related topic, have you broken down the 40% halves you're
finding in bags by date/mint, or do you just count 'em? Are there any
varieties in them, or are the a completely uninteresting series?

Dave Hinz