Old June 4th 05, 02:25 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
Ben Carpenter wrote:

Over the years I always just bought "any" stamp available
for my letters and bills that I mailed, but in the past
two years, as I personally visited the post office more
often, I became interested in buy different types of stamps.
They are mostly all interesting .... they sure beat the standard
flag stamp and that older flower stamp!

Some recent favorites have been:

*Clouds (and tornados) - sold out quickly in my area
*Arctic Tundra
*Art of the American Indian
*Henry Mancini
*American Heroes (3 firefighters at the WTC w/ flag) 45 cents each,
they donate 8 cents for each stamp sold to the WTC families
who need help.

and just today I found a new Masterworks of Modern American
Architecture which are B&W photos with color typestyles.
They look really good.

I was wondering .... do most people choose a variety of stamps ...
or do most people just buy the American Flag, sold at most
supermarkets?

Also, what is/was you most favorite stamp?

Whatever type of first class stamp that gets dispensed from the stamp
machine is fine with me. Makes no difference. As it is, I am using fewer
stamps because I am paying most of my bills electronically. I really
don't care what the appearance of postage stamps is because they all
serve the same purpose for me, to allow me to send something through the
mail. A first class stamp with a flower, a photo of Elvis, or whatever,
does exactly the same thing for me.