Old April 22nd 04, 06:52 PM
dahoov2

Default Ebay seller ....

I saw a listing of a Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson signed index
card. Read the description and here his response:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I asked him if he was a dealer and what his number was and if he could
state where he got the items so I could research a little on it.

Here's the response I got:

Greengs,

First of all, I am a physician and collector--seldom a seller--I am a
regular member of UACC--regular dues paying members do NOT have
numbers--only registered full time dealers have numbers--I am on a
first name basis with many of the officers of UACC as I enjoy taking
my kids to the UACC shows. As stated on our ebay page, ALL signing
info will be given to the winner--All items were obtained in person
and are real--If you have doubts, don't bid---I know a fake a million
miles away and these are NOT-- Thanks, Jon

This crap about not receiving information until AFTER a winning bid is
craop..... Here's my response:

Jon,

I am assuming this is the email about the Neeson/Portman signatures.

Being a phsician has nothing to do with collecting and or knowledge of
autograph collecting... and I too am a collector (for 10 years now)
and understand the UACC membership verses dealer. So no need to
instruct me on that. I wasn't clear about the way it was phrased;
dealers are also members...

By the way, UACC shows have many fakes in their books. Just because
something is bought from a UACC registered dealer does not make the
item legit... I have seen very reputible dealers have some slip
through their fingers. No one can be versed on every signature. And
for the record, I've personally witnessed some GREAT forgeries out
there.

The fact that you will not provide signing information until after the
auction is suspicious. At that point, I am committed to buy something
with no background on it and if I don't like your response on how it
was obtained, I risk negative feedback. I don't know you from Adam.
Therefore, as a buyer, it's my job to ask questions before buying. If
you are indeed a physician, you are obviously intelligent. Therefore
why would you not provide this information now? And to sell these
items for only $5? Why would a physician who has time to list items
on Ebay, not answer questions? And why so low a price if you are a
collector and attend UACC shows? You'd know the value of the item
would you not?

I guess I sounded snippy if this is the person with the Neeson/Portman
because my emails went unanswered. To me, this is the sign of one of
two things. I may be wrong, but as I see it, you are either hiding
something or don't wish to be bothered. If the latter is the case,
you ought not to be in business. A true business person would honor
a customer by answering their questions

I just wanted to know how you got it so I can research it. I don't
know you and though you may be an upstanding person, for all I know
you could be a blatant forger. Sorry if you're offended, if you asked
me the same questions, I'd answer knowing you don't know me.

Thanks for your time.
Sue

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com