Old October 17th 04, 08:27 PM
John Patrick

Michael E. Marotta wrote:
You parcel US paper into seven arbitrary catagories, and then lump
everything else into foreign. I think that if you scan the history
here, you will see that if any one kind of paper money predominates,
it happens to be Scottish Bank Notes, odd though that may seem.

I humbly ask for a pardon, Mr. Marotta. My ignorance in these matters
obviously pales in comparison to your vast knowledge on paper currencies
and will throw myself upon a bed of stakes to appease your anger towards
the worthless amateur collector that I am.

All sarcasm aside, if you didn't like my poll, you didn't have to
answer.
Or, you could have answered thusly:

"My US paper money interests are normally more of local scrips and notes
(such as notes issued by the Central Mine of Eagle Harbor)."

I should have thrown in another choice of i) Other but it was late at
night.

I mostly collect from circulation, and know many here that also grab
selected circulation finds (perhaps consider me the Alan Williams of
$1 notes). The main purpose of the poll was to determine if anyone
else had similar collecting tendencies as I do, in which case there's
the odd chance of trading circulation finds to help each other out.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were in a
bad mood when you decided to respond to my poll.

Good day, Mr. Marotta.

John
'collect and let collect'