Old February 16th 11, 09:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Danish Søllested-stamp?

"Victor Manta" wrote:

Thank you, Victor.

"A less common language"? We all speak that language in Denmark and we
are MORE than 5,000,000 people here!

...snip

Mvh Toke

Please don't take it as a critic or something similar. It is normal that
5M in DK speak their native language.

Victor - I was just joking :-)

I have a certain experience with Google translations from and to Romanian,
another less common language, spoken by about 30M only. I have noticed that
these translations are rather bad.

You're perfectly right!

....snip

On the other hand, the translations between English, German, French and
Russian, languages spoken by a far superior number of persons, are better in
Google. The reason could be that the users contribute by themselves to the
improvement of translations, and it seems obvious that the translations in
languages written by larger number of people have better chances for being
faster improved.

My given name is really quite common. In Denmark, in 2004, Victor was on the
place 12 but Toke wasn't in the first 50 ;-)

Yes, that's right! Toke is not a common name in Denmark. I have found
that some Danes don't know if it's a girls or boys name.

...snip
--
Mvh Toke

Se den mærkelige historien om "UPUs fader"
Joseph Michaelsen og hans mindemedalje:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/artiklermm/