Old May 18th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Default Novice Questions

On May 16, 4:25*pm, "Charles Mueller" wrote:
Hello. I have inherited a stamp collection and have some novice questions..
Dont know if this would be considered the proper forum for such. Would
appreciate an email from someone willing to "mentor" me a bit. Thanks. Chuck
Mueller,

Hi Charles:

Welcome to the world of stamps.

The following online links, which I recommend, may shed
some light on your question.

I Inherited a Stamp Collection... by Leonard Piszkiewicz
http://www.usstamps.org/inherit.html

American Philatelic Society (APS) Question & Answer page
http://www.stamps.org/directories/dir_qna.htm

APS' Estate Advice
http://www.stamps.org/Services/ser_EstateAdvice.htm

Lloyd de Vries and the Virtual Stamp Club reference page
http://www.virtualstampclub.com/inherit.html

The eBay Chat Board "Have a Stamp Collection" page
http://pages.ebay.com/community/libr...amps-have.html

Good Luck in your information search. Please remember
that one option is to think about continuing the collection
yourself or passing it down to children or grandchildren
as a "family heirloom" from grandpa (even if NOT worth
a world cruise).

Stamp collecting is primarily about learning things
from stamps and having fun. You can't put a price on that.

Best wishes to you.

Blair
Ottawa, Canada