Old August 2nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
LiRM

Default Sunlight and what to do about it

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:20:51 -0700, "DfKNG" wrote:

Any suggestions, comments and products would be greatly appreciated.

There is a product called curtains. They make them for windows and they
should keep the sun out.

I had to laugh in simply the way you expressed that, as I've done the
same

They would be, of course, an obvious solution. I should have stated
that the largest area that the sun makes it's way in is via the huge
half circle above our double wide french front doors. After talking
it over with my wife last night, she isn't too keen on either tinting
it or covering it. I more or less agree with her on it, as it does
bring in some nice afternoon sun.

So that changes my goal.

I guess I'm going to have to find a tint laminate that I can apply to
the bookshelf doors myself, unless I can find a place that does it
relatively inexpensively.

Moving the bookshelves isn't an option, for various reasons.

So if anyone has used a product like this with success, a name brand
and source would be helpful.

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards,

LiRM