Old January 13th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
R. Totale

Default Website for finding out what my books are worth

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:05:10 -0800 (PST), helloguy
wrote:

On Dec 18 2007, 8:21*pm, David Downing
wrote:
I've got a bunch of books that I think might be worth something -- for
example, several P.G. Wodehouse Autograph Editions -- and I'm looking
for a website that would let me input title, author, and other
relevant information and would give me back an estimated value. *I did
Google "antiquarian books" but the sites I got back seemed aimed more
at people who were looking to buy books. *I'm looking to sell them for
as much as they;re worth. Can somebody tell me *what a good website
woulld be for this?
Thanks
David

This is one of the top questions I receive via my site
http://www.leatherboundtreasure.com/ In my opinion the best way to
find the true value of your books is to search for the same books
listed for sale online. Any site listing values of books are simply
estimating because the values are always fluctuating. It takes effort,
but it is the most acurate way to judge just what your books are truly
worth.

That's "accurate". You seem to be contradicting yourself above. On the
one hand you say you should go look at prices listed online, but on
the other hand you say these are only estimates because the values are
always fluctuating. (You leave out that anyone can put any ridiculous
price on an item offered for sale, which doesn't mean any sane person
would ever pay it.) Wouldn't one be better off checking prices where
an item has actually changed hands, like the auction results which
have been published yearly for more than 100 years in both Europe and
America?