Old February 22nd 15, 05:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim Watson

Default Rockola 496-1XCD (w/CD)

On Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:30:55 AM UTC-5, VTjim wrote:
Hi,
I just became aware of this forum group and hope to contribute. I've
been restoring jukeboxes & pinballs as a hobby for about 25 years and
now have a 1988 Rockola 496 XCD. I've done many Seeburgs, AMI/Rowe's
and Wurlitzers but this is my first Rock.
Does anyone out there have a owners manual (original or copy) for
this? I've tried Victory Glass, John Durfee, Ebay, etc. but all I find
is basic mech and amp adjustment info. About 7-8 pages.
I've also found a schematic, but what I need is the owners book. I
can't find info on the system 3 control unit and for the life of me
cant figure out how to set up the CD player selections. I think maybe
I'm stupid but what buttons do I push to make CD selections? All I see
are six letters in the CD title strip area. I have the 45's working
fine, mech and amp work good after a few adjustments but how the heck
do I select a CD?? I sure could use some help with this.
Thanks, ---Jim

The lady I do service for has all the manuals on a 496-1, the System 3 Cntrlr on that system is 55130-1A, she also has the schematic for 55115-1A. She does have an issue with the controller, that brought me here. Thanks, Tim