Old November 9th 03, 07:25 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

John Carney wrote:

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
In two senses: where I place Barber designs in the pantheon of US
coinage, and by denomination with the Barber coinage, and rank as in
foul, aromatic, disgusting and off-putting.

Personally, I don't dislike the Barber coins as much as it seems you do. Having said that,
I have no plans to ever start a complete date/mm series of any of them either. I have an
AU58 Barber quarter which I like very much. I'm looking for a comparable half and dime and
that will be it for my Barber purchases. The nickel is another story. I like the nickel
and plan to complete a date set at some point.

It's odd, but I just realized that in my Type Set, the V Nickel is MS,
the Barber Dime is EF (scratched), the Quarter is F and the Half is G
(maybe)! I think that's an effect, not a cause of my feelings.

I wonder if the Liberty nickels *are* the most commonly collected
denomination of Barber? It's the only one I can see myself doing with
any enthusiasm.

Alan
'the bigger the worse'